This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco ACS showing up as UNKNOWN in NPM

I just installed 2 ACS 5.3 virtual machine appliances in my network.  I am able to get them monitored via NPM but they are showing up as an UNKNOWN device.  Is there a way to edit this field to get them to show up as Cisco devices..??  Or did I miss something in the ACS config..??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Patrick

• Is the Machine Type or Vendor Showing up as Unknown or [Unknown]?

If it is showing up as [Unknown] then it is only monitored by ICMP only.  Devices that display with Unknown vendors or Machine Type do not have a SysObjectID corresponding to the device vendor in the Orion database and submit it through this Thread to be added in the next release.

• Already posted on Oct, 26th with the following details.

Cisco ACS Appliance v5.3

SysObjectID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13.1

Vendor: Cisco Systems Inc. (at ENTITY-MIB 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.12.1 entPhysicalMfgName.1)

Model: CSACS-1121-K9 (at ENTITY-MIB 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.13.1 entPhysicalModelName.1)