5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 3:19 AM by dupvinc

NPM 10.2 multiple CPU servers

dupvinc

dear all,

I have just installed a trial version of MPN 10.2 before migrating the production one and found a strange behavior for servers with multiple CPU .(it's a new and nice feature but!!):

but

so for me the average should be 50 % :-)

any idea?

regards,

vincent.

• Re: NPM 10.2 multiple CPU servers
          ET

Hi,

that's weird and interesting. What type of device is it? Cisco, Nexus, windows, ...? Can you please open a support ticket and provide us diagnostic?

thanks ahead

• Re: NPM 10.2 multiple CPU servers
              dupvinc

hi,

I'm a license customer  (running 10.1)but this poller is a test one running eval version for 10.2, can i open a support ticket?

It's the production Solarwinds server 2008R2 server running on vmware

Anyway, now the average is correct (45 for cpu 1+ 55 for cpu2 is 50% as average) BUT when going to the server directly the average CPU usage is much lower than what is displayed on NPM so i'm a bit disappointed.(for ex NPM says 90 % used as by using the windows task manager i haven't see more than 50%  )

I have added the MPN server into the production one in order to compare the two results and will let you know(i have set both pollers every 5 minutes)

How is calculated the cPU usage ?as a simple polling or using some other tools to have the last 5 minutes average ?

regards,

vincent.