3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 3:03 PM by jbruyet

How do I update my maintenance?

jbruyet

Hey all, I just upgraded my NPM to 10.2 and now when I log in I get a message telling me that my maintenance will expire in 23 days. I checked on the Solarwinds site and I have about a year left on my maintenance. I've tried searching the forums here and everything I've seen says a box will pop up and I just need to click on Enter Licensing Information but I don't have any boxes popping up. I went to the portal to do it manually but Solarwinds advises updating from within the product. I must have entered the information before but I can't figure out how to do it this time. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B

• Re: How do I update my maintenance?
          bshopp

When you last signed up for new maintenance, did you get a new key?  The product looks at the maintenance date in the license key and we do see where people don't update the license, so the new date is not reflected.

jbruyet

I'm pretty sure I did but I don't remember. Sadly, I now have two years of maintenance paid for because I updated my NPM last month and not my Engineers' Toolset. I can go to my portal and see that there's an activation key there but how do I get it into my NPM software? FWIW I just emailed Solarwinds to see about consolidating my Toolset and NPM contracts into one payment. Sigh.

Thanks,

Joe B

jbruyet

Found it! Since the server running my NPM is in another part of our facility I run it using the web console. I logged onto the server and found what I needed under Start > All Programs > SolarWinds > SolarWinds License Manager. I opened the license manager and there was the Activate button I've been looking for. FINALLY!!!

Thanks,

Joe B