This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application group availability report question

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello,

We have many application groups and we want to generate monthly, yearly availability report and its working but logic is wrong. its generating report base on how many components are down for example

Group_A has 4 server/application component and if all are up then report comes with 100% avail. but if one server is down then it showing 75% which i don't want to know.

What is need is it will generate report base on actual availability of that down component or sum of all down component. if that down component has monthly 60% avail. then it should display 60% in Group_A report.

I am sure its complicated to explain but i am sure its doable somehow.

Thanks,

S

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Looks like I am getting the same thing and no answers from anyone. Does anyone know why it's doing this?  

Example: 

MONTHMEMBER NAMEGROUP_MEMBER_AVAILABILITYCURRENT MEMBER STATUS
    An Important Application
    99.00 %
        January 2012SubApplication Name1100Up
        January 2012SubApplication Name2100Up
        January 2012SubApplication Name3100Up

So, the entire group is showing 99% while my sub-apps are 100%. What gives here? Is it calculating some hidden, grassy knoll availability element? 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Satish-

Looks you already have an answer here:

Unless I didn't understand your question.  This pretty much sums it up for me. 

because when I looked at my entire groups report from a total perspective, it does confirm that my parent groups are inheriting the worst status from the children, just like I had set them to do for monitoring (I didn't know this would affect reporting, ack!). 

-Mike