This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

feature request of alert manager for APM

FormerMember
FormerMember

We must make an alert in application to watch with APM, and every server.

Because, an administrator becomes each of the things.

Now, APM 4.2.0 can't make an alert with Web Console.

It doesn't provide the operation which is kind to us.

We request two features.

1. Webconsole of APM is to have an alert preparation, control function.

2. We hope to make an alert together when the template of APM is assigned.

• Satoru,

From what I'm reading, are you asking for the following:

1. You want to see the functionality of the Advanced Alert Manager in the Orion web interface.

2. You want to be able to design an alert as the template is created.

If that's right, I've also recently posted a request to see the functions of the Alert Manager to design alerts from the web interface.  See

My Post

Regarding your second request, if you are using the Advanced Alert Manager, then depending on the design to your trigger and Reset, your new applications and application components can be adopted by the alert depending on how specific or how general your criteria is defined.  This means that you can create a singular alert and if you don't narrow the alert to an application or component and leave it to only outline values like status, any new application template or components will fall under that same defined criteria. 

Thanks,
    Jason Henson
    Loop1 Systems

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Jason.Henson

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

> 1. You want to see the functionality of the Advanced Alert Manager in the Orion web interface.

Yes, We request the Web interface of AdvancedAlertManager.

> 2. You want to be able to design an alert as the template is created.

No, You mistook my request, and understood it.

I want to set up alert action, too, when I assign the template of APM to server.

Regards,

SATORU.

• Alerts don't need to be setup for each application you create or assign to a node. It's all dependent on how the alert is written. For instance if you use the out of the box alerts "Alert me when an application goes down" or "Alert me when an application goes into warning or critical state" these apply to any and all managed applications assigned to nodes. No additional configuration is necessary. 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to aLTeReGo

Hello

Though it is disappointed, our environment is not an ideal.

A different administrator in each application and each server exists with our environment.
    Therefore, we must send alert mail in the different address in each application and each server.

Therefore, we want to set up alert action when application is assigned to server.

• This is an excellent use case for custom properties. If you create a custom property for your nodes you could then add that condition to your alert trigger so applications assigned to nodes with custom property "Joe" would go to Joe, and nodes with a custom property of "Bob" would go to Bob, etc.