2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2011 1:11 PM by jdaugherty

Orion Core linked with another NCM Server instance error

jdaugherty

I did an upgrade of our NCM installation from 6.1 to 7.0 this morning but install is failing during reconfiguring the Orion portion. I have tried to uninstall NCM, reboot, and then reinstall but the same error appears every time.

---------------------------
      Warning
      Current Orion Core installation is already linked with another NCM Server instance: eng-srv-swweb

Config Wizard will link your Orion Core installation with local NCM Server instead.
      OK  

After clicking ok Iget this error:

Database configuration failed:
          •  Error while executing script- Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.

• Re: Orion Core linked with another NCM Server instance error
          mdiotte

Hi jdaugherty,

Please open a support case as we will need to take a look at your Orion diagnositcs. To create the diagnostics you will run the following:

Collecting diagnostics 

Run \Solarwinds\Orion\SolarwindsDiagnostics.exe -> Creates a .zip file

Run \SolarWinds\Configuration Management\ SolarwindsDiagnostics.exe -> Creates a .zip file

Support will provide you instructions on how to upload them.

Secondly, what deployment scenario are you in?  NCM standalone, Integrated Single server with Orion NPM or Integrated with Orion NPM with NCM on seperate servers?

Thanks!

• Re: Orion Core linked with another NCM Server instance error
              jdaugherty

Thanks for your help in resolving my problem yesterday Matt and the SolarWinds team.

For everyone else the reason I was getting these errors was because I copied the default "Summary" page a couple times to make different ones for different groups. On the "Summary" page is the web part "Getting started with NCM". Well the NCM installer is currently only looking for one instance of that to exist. So to fix it you can remove the duplicates for right now, and in the future SolarWinds should ignore that during install.

Thanks again!
              -James