This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Customize page - how to add multiple interf chart (virtualization)

Trying to create my own custom page with my favorite charts.  There is a great chart if I go over to virtualization that shows VMs/memory consumption per host.   I want to create a graph like this.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to find that when I'm adding a customized item to a custom page.

I see "multiple interface" charts - that's not it, deals with NICS/throughput.

I see "multiple object" charts - that's not it either, deals with memory, CPU.

How do I get the "Virtual Machine Memory Consuption" on a custom page?  Ideally, I'd like to combine ALL my hosts WITH SUM so I could call it "VM memory consuption per cluster or resource pool"

Thanks 

• Goto "Customize page" option.Click + sign to get the bunch of options.

Scroll down to "Miscellaneous resource",select "Custom HTML".Add them to the summary page and go ahead to select the "EDIT" option.

Paste this html tag in the third text box.

<iframe src="<Copy the link of the Virtual Machine Memory Consumption page>" height=300 width =700 name="text" id="contentFrame"></iframe>

You can change the height and width according to your needs.

Hope this helps.Please let us know your progress.

• Thanks for your response.

Not sure this does what I need.

First of all, the "Memory Consumption Page" only appears on the page where you see a single host.  I want to create a "multiple interface chart" of sorts, but not with interfaces, with VMware cluster hosts.

If I go into a host, click on this chart, it comes up on a single page, and I paste this URL into your code snipit, it comes up with an unknown page.    I don't want this whole page anyway, I just want the chart.

Even if I could get the URL for the chart only (without the surrounding page), it would only be for a single HOST, but this is not very useful, when you are managing a cluster this info is more important than a single host.

Can I make a "multiple host chart" to show all resources used in a cluster?

Thanks!!!

• We cant do this right now on current versions.So I have opened a feature request.Request # 90522.

• Thanks.  It's a perfect adaptation to your new multiple object charts, with a Sum of total (CPU, memory) etc. per cluster or resource pool.

Thanks

• Thanks.  It's a perfect adaptation to your new multiple object charts, with a Sum of total (CPU, memory) etc. per cluster or resource pool.

I need this feature badly.