4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 4:00 AM by KFowler

Availability Report

KFowler

I have a question and hoping someone out there can help me. 

We currently run reports that shows the availability of certain devices in our network.  That report lists every device we want the availability on which is great.  When you go to the reports, then node reports, then availaibility and click on the report labelled Availability of entire network - last month you get a report that shows an availability percentage but no listing of the nodes.  

My question is this, does anyone know how to creat a report that not only lists the individual nodes I want but then summarizes the percentage of all the selected nodes at the bottom?  We currently just copy and paste it into excel and figure out the average there but I know there must be a better way.

Please advise.

• Re: Availability Report
          Chrystal Taylor

If you add node name and node id to the fields of your report, does that get you what you are looking for?

Edit:  I am sorry, I misunderstood.  If I understand correctly now, you are looking to have a total at the bottom of the report while still showing the individual values.  I do not think this is possible outside of the export to excel which you are currently doing.

Nandish

This may be possible to achieve with a help of an SQL expert.

Goto Orion Report writer->select "Availability-Yesterday" report. Now select Report-->show SQL from the options available from the top of the Orion Report Writer tool.

Now you should see the SQL query like the one pasted below.

SELECT  TOP 10000 Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0) AS SummaryDate,
            Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,
            Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,
            Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
            Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,
            AVG(ResponseTime.Availability) AS AVERAGE_of_Availability

FROM
            Nodes INNER JOIN ResponseTime ON (Nodes.NodeID = ResponseTime.NodeID)

WHERE
            ( DateTime BETWEEN 40847 AND 40848 )

GROUP BY Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0),
            Nodes.NodeID, Nodes.VendorIcon, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.IP_Address

ORDER BY SummaryDate ASC, 4 ASC

-Now coming back to your report,"Availability of Entire Network-Last Month".You should be able to copy the SQL from the one mentioned above andpaste it as a new report by selecting the "Advanced SQL" option.After doing so,edit from here with the help of the SQL expert. Please let us know your progress.

netlogix

To get it to auto change to last month use this for your datetime:

( DateTime BETWEEN DATEADD(MONTH,-1,DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(m,0,GETDATE()),0)) AND DATEADD(s,-1,DATEADD(mm, DATEDIFF(m,0,GETDATE()),0)) )

KFowler

Nandish,

I'm not very experienced at SQL and we dont' really have an expert onsite.  I found the advanced SQL tab but am confused at your post.  Are you telling me that if I copy your SQL query into the advanced SQL alert you want me to create that this will give me my desired outcome?

I'm really kind of suprised someone at Solarwinds hasn't already created a report showing every devices availability with the average availability at the bottom of the page.  I'm no expert but it would seem like it would be easy to create versus us having to copy and paste it into an excel spreadsheet.  It would also be valuable as well because then you could just convert it to a pdf file and print it out for management to see.