This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade path from 10.1 to 10.2... nightmares?

FormerMember
FormerMember
Hi forum

It is that time again, when my Orion install has become unmanageably unreliable  9the god-forsaken memory leak or something from 10.1(ish).  I seem to remember there being patches in 10.1.3 or something but never got to upgrade as I was hoping 10.2 would be out, and the upgrade process is always a total disaster, I thought I would wait.

Well, here we are and there is an RC3 of 10.2…    my Orion has fallen over again this morning, so I am thinking now is the time…. 

So I am running:

SolarWinds Orion Core 2010.2.1 SP1, APM 3.5, IPSLAMGR 3.5.1, NCM 6.0, NPM 10.1.1 SP1, NTA 3.7, IVIM 1.0.0 (6 additional pollers)

Has anyone seen any issues upgrading in a multi-poller environment from this sort of level, to the latest RC3?  When is the final release planned for, as I would rather wait for full production release, than an RC…

Cheers all for your support….

Dan
  • I have 3 addt'l pollers and 3 additional web servers.  I didn't have any upgrade problems save for 1.  one of my web servers install failed, I re-ran the config wizard and it went through no problem.

RC 4 is out now.  FYI

good luck.