6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 11:37 AM by ctopaloglu

Deleting specific unnecessary mass volumes?

ctopaloglu

Hi to all,

I have 300+ Unix servers and they all have these volumes that I don't want monitor. How can I get rid of them? I don't want to delete one by one. If it is possible with the SQL, anybody kind enough to share the query?

• Re: Deleting specific unnecessary mass volumes?
          Nandish

I think going to settings-->Manage Nodes and selecting volumes is not going to help here. Would you open a support ticket to get the SQL Query and please post back the ticket# along with the solution.This should be a great help to this community.

ctopaloglu

I think going to settings-->Manage Nodes and selecting volumes is not going to help here. Would you open a support ticket to get the SQL Query and please post back the ticket# along with the solution.This should be a great help to this community.

I opened a case like you suggested.(Case # 282804)

Nandish

Thank you and will be great to see the SQL query posted back.

ctopaloglu

Response from SolarWinds Support

--Run this SQL Query to generate the delete statement

select 'Delete from Volumes where Volumeid=' as [Deletion Script], V.VolumeID, '--', Nodes.Caption as [Node Name], V.Caption as [Volume Name] from Volumes v inner join Nodes on V.NodeID=Nodes.NodeID where V.Caption='/proc/bus/usb' or V.Caption='/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc'or V.Caption='/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs' Order by Nodes.Caption, V.Caption

--Once this has been executed, run the results if the Caption of the Node Name and the Volume name correspond to what you want to delete

--Run this after running the deltion statement generated from the 1st sql query. This will remove the volume from being polles.
                      DELETE FROM Pollers WHERE (NetObject LIKE 'V%') AND (SUBSTRING(NetObject, 3, 10) NOT IN (SELECT VolumeId FROM Volumes))

I tried. It works! Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful