6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 10:21 AM by beijota2

What we are working on for NTA ...

mavturner
      The NTA team is hard at work on several items. Here is a short list of some of the things they are working on:
      • Continuing research for extensive performance enhancements
      • Ability to change default flow direction globally
      • Improved workflow for troubleshooting unknown flows
      • Support for Alcatel-Lucent 7710 Service Routers
      • Support for flows coming from a different source address of a currently managed router (leveraging some new functionality in NPM 10.2)
      • New CBQoS reports and alerts
        • Reports: Top 100 CBQoS Drops, Pre and Post Policy traffic totals and rates
        • Alerts on traffic total or rate for specified policy or class
      PLEASE NOTE:  We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release.  We are working on a number of other smaller features in parallel.   If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g. how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!
        • Re: What we are working on for NTA ...
          dslack@all-coast.com

I would like to see an improvement in the DNS resolution.

For example, if the DNS cannot be resolved, perhaps NTA can do a whois lookup to give the domain that owns the block that the IP address resides in.  Recently I saw high traffic on an unresolved IP address within NTA and the manual lookup could not resolve the IP address.  When I did a whois lookup on from an Internet web site it showed that the IP address belonged to www.youtube.com.  Knowing what web site is being accessed allows me to determine if the traffic is work related or not.  It would be much easier if NTA would display this information rather than me having to look it up manually.

JaroslawLadyga

Would be very useful to have 'View Options' on NTA Top XX graphs like on all other charts. I'm just preparing new summary view of Last Month and added Top 5 Applications graph but it has only default time setup and no way to customize it:

Maybe you know any tricky way to have 'View Options' on customized views outside NETFLOW menu but I can not find it.

My installation: Orion Core 2011.2.1, APM 4.2.0 SP1, NPM 10.2.1, NTA 3.8.0, IVIM 1.2.0

dclick

not sure if this is a feature request, or just me not know the product that well.  We have ALOT of streaming video floating around on our network - we have something like 200 IP based cameras installed, and probably as many folks trying to watch them.

With NTA, i can see traffic to our video servers, but its all "Unmonitored Traffic".  I hope over to the NTA settings and see that RTP isnt in the list of managed protocols.  I also see that I cannot ADD a protocol. 

My questions/request is -

1. Will we (users) be able to add custom/missing protocols in the futre?

2. Can we please get RTP added?

beijota2

It would be awesome if the Manage Sources had the tree structure like the Nodes in NPM.  We have a lot of Netflow sources and we would really like to organize them a little better than listing everything in alphabetical order.

kiwi

Hi Mav

I believe the below can be easily developped as a new feature which is not time consuming at Lab levels side

Looking for a way to filter out unwanted incoming NetFlow traffic. We wish if there is a Configuration form that enables us to define filters to utilize only the relevant flow packets for traffic flow monitoring. The filtering mechanism shoul enable to either drop or keep flow packets based on the filter definitions that we create.

Filters based on:

§    ·      IP address of the system where the flow collector is located.

§    ·      IP address of the system where the traffic flow originated.

§    ·      IP address of the system where the traffic flow terminated.

§    ·      Protocoused by the traffic flow.

§    ·      SNMP index of the egress interface

§    ·      SNMP index of the ingress interface

§    ·      Ingress port

§    ·      TCP flag of the traffic flow

§    ·      Type of Service property of the traffic flow

This is a major performance improvement (storage) and technically easy for Labs to develop in future release of NTA I believe

Thank you