I encountered the same behavior until I realized that I needed to paste the clipboarded lnk to the created Unmanage job into the Task Scheduler. If you browse, it will select an XML file (which will not execute properly). Pasting the path into the window will designate the CMD file that you actually need.
Worked for me.
This is the in accordance with what is documented in the section "Creating and Viewing Reports – Core > Using Orion Report Scheduler > Creating a Scheduled Report Job" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide:
- Copy the URL of the report you want to schedule.
- ClickStart > All Programs > SolarWindsOrion > Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping > Orion Report Scheduler.
- Click Edit > Add New Job.
- Provide a job name for this scheduled report, and then click Continue.
- Paste the URL of the report you want to schedule into the link field.
Anything interesting here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\Unmanage.log
C:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Orion\UnmanageUtility\UnmanageDebug