This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduler Report - Auto generate to shared folder

Hi ...

I need the raw data (in Microsoft Office format such as .xls or .csv) to be processed into our application.

we need this data every day for the calculation of the cost.

Is there another way to auto-generate (scheduler report) to a shared folder rather than email?

so that our applications can perform data retrieval in the folder and calculate the cost (automatically).

because so far as I know, report in .xls or .csv must be generated manually

Thanks

• Hi,

I believe this feature request for the scheduler has been already lined up, because email/pdf is the only option as of this moment. But this can also be accomplished via SQL, in which you create a job for the SQL Agent service and use the Import and Export wizard. Maybe you have a DBA in your company that can help you with this?I'll get back here and post something that may help you by using SQL.

• Hi again,

I hope this process won't be overkill for you, but this is what I'm using and you can do so much with SQL Server. First you should use the Import and Export Wizard located in your SQL Server, launch it and follow the steps which are very much easy.

In this step, you input the SQL server, from which you will copy the data, and the SolarWinds database.

Then, you choose the format to which you would export the data:

Then you select if you would copy a specific table or input some SQL script instead:

In your report in Orion Report Writer, there is an option there where you can show the SQL script for your report, copy that script and paste it right here:

After these, you will be given a preview of the output and then there is this next option. If you choose to save it as an SSIS package, then you can use it for an SQL agent job which can be scheduled for the specific time you want and you can also run by demand.

Configuring an SQL Agent  job in the SQL Server Management Studio should be a cinch and I hope you'll consider this as an option for your reports. :)

Thanks!

• Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will update the result later