This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What We Are Working On

We are currently looking at several enhancements to IP SLA Manager, including:

- Updating supported Call Manager versions
- VoIP calls troubleshooting based on CDR and CMR data. This should include use case where you will be able to do multi-criteria filtering/searching and sorting based on CDR and CMR data e.g. “give me calls with the same reason code, same extension pattern, same time frame, same geography or termination reason code”.
We are still collecting more input on performance and scale requirements like number of phones, amount of CDR’s generated during the day, average amount of calls during day or number of Call Managers in your environment. Please feel free to raise your voice if there is something you would like to tell us.
- Better support of creating TCP operations in firewalled environment. This is mainly related to case when you are trying to set up IP SLA operation between an internal router and external device where traffic is going through a firewall. We would like to add support of “Control Enable” parameter in case you want to create TCP and UDP IPSLA operations.
As a second priority we are also researching deeper functionality around:
- PRI channel utilization
- Support of Avaya call managers

PLEASE NOTE: We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release. We are working on a number of other smaller features in parallel. If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g. how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!
  • What about ShoreTel call manager, Shoreware Director ?

• We are collecting more feedback because we need to know what exactly we need to tweak to support ShoreTel call manager.

• Do you have a general time frame for a next release of IPSLA?  With the new release or NPM I don't want to incur downtime in my environment now to upgrade NPM if I will have to incur downtime for an IPSLA upgrade in another month or so....also it feels like IPSLA has been stuck on the same release version for quite a while now.

• Hi,

what we are working on for IPSLAM is a priority now and our DEV team is actively working on that. I fully understand why are you asking (and I know that incurred downtime means troubles) but we can't do any commitments regarding next release date.

thanks

• I agree with several others. Could you add ShoreTel call manager (Shoreware Director) to your list of supported call managers?

• This past summer we completed a major project that converted our oganization completely to ShoreTel Director and VOIP phones. We have approxmately 300 phones at 16 locations (one is a small call center), and one ShoreTel Director to run the whole show.

Since IPSLA DEV team is are working on IPSLAM as a priority, this is a commitment from me that I will provide you all of the information I can about ShoreTel VOIP and Director. 

What do you need?

• Hi,

thanks for your feedback. We've started to monitor this request (FB95327) as reaction on "what we are currently working on" so I'm adding +1 there. What would be useful for us is if you could tell us what data do you need to observe and why (is there anything extra comparing to currently supported call managers?).

Also feel free to use our SNMP walk tool and grab the SNMP walk of your call manager (you can send results to my email).

thanks,

Michal

•  Hope the info helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Michal,

Thank you very much for your response. It's really encouraging.  While I am a network twidget now, in a former life I was a life cycle support programmer, so I have a soft spot for code developers. Go figure!  As I said before, I would be happy to work with you and your team to develop ShoreTel capability for IP SLA Manager.

In a separate email to you, I sent several ShoreTel equipment SNMP walks. One was from ShoreTel Director (v11.1), several others were from standard Shoregear equipment, and the ShoreTel Enterprise Call Center (ECC) manager.

To answer your question, what would be most useful to me would be the ability for Orion IP SLA to display the same standard type IP SLA data that you’ve already built for Cisco Call Manager. We could use that as the starting point and I can get more specific as needed. Displaying the usual VoIP performance metrics such as jitter, latency, possibly a standardized MOS score, QoS drops, etc would all be extremely useful. Ability to answer basic VoIP performance questions like, “what is performance of ShoreTel system from remote branch x, right now?” “Are there any dropped calls at branch x?” “Are any of our users at branch x experiencing problems with their phone calls?” And the big one, “How do you know all of your answers are accurate?” From what I've seen, ShoreTel director does an excellent job at providing that type of info in its reports area. So how do you get it into IP SLA Manager? i don't know. I do understand a ShoreTel solution will likely need to be laid out similar to what is already used for Cisco Call Manager. But Shoretel will have different MIBs and some different udp ports. Yet the under laying engine is still the Cisco proprietary IP SLA technology.

• Hi,

Thanks for all those great details about ShoreTel devices! It is very valuable for us and we will do an investigation of SNMP walks you've sent us.

Polling of OIDs using SNMP is one part of what we need to do to show you data you would like to see in IPSLAM. Cisco offers "IPSLA" technology and also CDR/CMR files which contains all those important information about VoIP calls quality.

We will try to figure out what we would need to add to support for ShoreTel devices in future.

For all IPSLA Manager folks, please let us know how important ShoreTel  support is for you so we can consider it for future releases.

thanks!

• +1 to adding ShoreTel to IPSLA.