1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 9:39 AM by paulgrey

Charts and reports

paulgrey

Hey all. I'm a bit of a Solarwinds n00b so apologies if this question has been answered previously (I did do a search but didn't turn up anything definitive.)

I need to create a monthly report which emails a single PDF with charts for the last 30 days CPU usage, memory usage and hard drive space. You would think this wouldn't be a big ask but never mind.

I've managed to create a report in scheduler which grabs all these charts by URL, put's them in PDF and emails them. Which is fine, except for the fact that it sends a separate email for every chart, instead of just putting them in the same PDF document which is... bizarre to say the least.

I thought I had found the answer in this thread: Generating charts from report writer - please help!

I have tried creating a custom view to display this information on one page as described but I'm getting stuck. Firstly I don't know where to insert the URLs for the different charts. Secondly I don't know how to link to that view without actually just making it the default view for that device type, which I don't want to do!

Can anyone give me some pointers or suggest an alternative way of achieving what I am after?

• Re: Charts and reports
          paulgrey

Ok I've managed to figure it out myself and create a new view which gives me a nice looking report with all the necessary charts.

Problem is, the node ID is hard coded. This is not ideal because I need to be able to do this for many different servers which means manually creating a view every time, which is far from ideal.

What I would like to be able to do is just change the node ID in the URL and have it bring up the data for that node. Unfortunately I don't know ASP so this is proving frustrating. I know what I want to do in the abstract but I've no idea how to achieve it in practice. What I want to do is this:

When the view is opened, read the Node ID in the URL, enumerate all the volumes and then print charts for all volumes, as well as memory usage, CPU usage and so on. 

Any ideas?