2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2011 7:09 AM by ctopaloglu

Node Management Rights

Detroiter

I am attempting to limit an "operators" team to a select group of nodes for management.  However, I want them to ONLY be able to move Nodes between Managed and Unmanaged for maintanance purposes.  I do not want them to be able to add/delete nodes, change SNMP strings or listed resources, etc.

The "Allow Mode Management Rights" account selection seems too broad in that any memeber of the "eyes on glass" team could delete a node at any time.  Is there any way to increase this limitation to prevent this potential risk?

• Re: Node Management Rights
          mdriskell

This is a much needed feature request.  The need for granular controls is a definitive need.  We are actually working on creating a separate front end for simply unmanaging without giving out node management rights.

• Re: Node Management Rights
              ctopaloglu

This is a much needed feature request.  The need for granular controls is a definitive need.  We are actually working on creating a separate front end for simply unmanaging without giving out node management rights.

It doesn't suppose to be a feature request in the first place. Please fix this.