9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 12:21 PM by MTorok

My post was deleted?

Benjamin

The other day I posted asking about LANsurveyor and other Solarwinds products using trademarked logos in their interface and the possible legal issues, if any.  But my post was deleted.  I don't understand why.  Can someone tell me?

If this subject is taboo, please, someone send me a PM or email explaining it, but please don't just go deleting posts without telling me why.

The reason I ask is I'm worried this useful feature might be removed in the future and I wanted to make sure it would stay before plunking down $2,500 on software.

• Re: My post was deleted?
          Benjamin

By the way, for anyone else who cares, that post was here:

Using trademarked logos in LANsurveyor and other products

MTorok

Benjamin,

The post should not have been deleted. I will look into that. We do not delete posts unless they are spam or contain offensive language.

I have reached out to our legal department in regards to your original post around trademarked icons in the LANsurveyor product. We are looking into this.

Again, please accept my apologies about the post deletion. If possible, I will bring it right back.

Thank you,

Michael

Benjamin

Thanks for the reply!  It's looks as though it was just moved, since I do now see an alert about this in my email.  For some reason I couldn't find it before.  Strange.

Yes, please do let me know as soon as you have something.  I'll make sure to subscribe to both threads if I can.

Benjamin

Hi, any info yet on the legality of Solarwinds using trademarked logos in LANsurveyor and other software?

I would think if it's used for the purposes of "identification only", it should be ok, but I wanted to make sure.  My trial is about to run out and I can't go forward without knowing for sure.

Thanks!

MTorok

Benjamin,

Did you receive my email? If not, would you please email me and I will send you the reply I received from our legal department.

Thanks,
                          Michael

Benjamin

Hi, I did get the one email with you talking about that there was a miscommunication.  I failed to read it closely however.  It was a great email and I appreciate it!

Thing is, I've sent emails in the past by email directly and never received a response.  So I thought I'd use the forums also in case others might be wondering too.

I will contact you privately then and I do very much appreciate your response.

jwhitten

I am curious to know the answer to this also.

dclick

I too would like an answer to this question.

While I understand that you mods are not legal experts, this is a generic question about the product - and it is, to some, enough of a sticking point that could prevent a sale.

Can we please get a response on this - something other than "we will email you" or "contact support"?

MTorok

All,

I understand that the use we have put the included icons and brand names is considered fair use and without liability. We are using the trademarks of the companies that make the hardware to represent the hardware on a map or diagram.

Thanks,

Michael