2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2011 2:13 PM by MTorok

Using trademarked logos in LANsurveyor and other products

Benjamin

Hi, I've been evaluating LANsurveyor and some of your other products for purchase.  I noticed there are many trademarked logos used in your software.

I was just wondering, is it legal to use trademarked logos in software?  Apparently you haven't been contacted by any companies since your software has been around so long.

Thanks!
      Ben

• Re: Using trademarked logos in LANsurveyor and other products
          MTorok

Ben,

We are checking into this. I am not sure how the post was deleted earlier. We do not delete posts unless they are SPAM or contain offensive language.

When I hear anything further on the logos and icons I will post back.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best,

Michael

• Re: Using trademarked logos in LANsurveyor and other products
              MTorok

All,

I am about to privately message both Ben and jwhitten with  a response to this inquiry. As it turns out, there was a  miscommunication here, and the post was temporarily deleted until we  could provide a proper response. There was no communication provided to  Ben. That was a mistake. As a general rule, we do not delete posts, and I  stand by that.

Though, in the same way we direct folks to support when we  don't have the answer, we need to do the same with questions of  this nature.

Instead, would you please direct questions that surround corporate or legal policy to your sales rep or the customer service department. They can ensure the proper people are engaged and respond to you.

No one moderating these forums can give you a legal answer :)

Thanks all,

Michael