2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2011 3:58 PM by jswan

Monitoring total traffic across interfaces

John Morgan

Hello,

I need to report on total traffic across across all router interfaces.  I have Netflow configured and running on all my routers.  I have gone to the pre-defined reports and can see that there is some good information there, but I need to be able to create a report in which I can define the start and end date. 

For example, I would like a report for total traffic on a router between 12:00 am on Monday morning through 11:59 PM on Sunday night, thereby being able to tell exactly how much traffic traversed the router in a weeks period of time.

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

John

• Re: Monitoring total traffic across interfaces
          John Morgan

Ok.  Well.

I have been playing with this for a while. 

Here's what I've done.  I looked at the Serial Interface on one of my routers and wrote down the values for the total bytes input and the total bytes output.

15 minutes later I went back and wrote down the valuse as they were then.

I subtracted the starting values for each from the ending values for each, and added the resulting values together to get a total bytes transferred amount.  This value was approximately 19 MB.

However when I looked at the interface in NTA for the same 15 minute time period the value that was showing was 43.6 MB.

I'm a little unsure of the reason for the apparent discrepency.  Am I looking at apples and oranges here, or is there something I am not understanding?

Thanks.