2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 9:11 AM by mdriskell

Grouped Active Alerts

mdriskell

Something that always bothered me about having the alert windows on my main page of Solarwinds was that the list could get quite long.  So since a SQL book landed in my hands today I have been playing with some custom SQL queries and this is what I came up with.  I have seen other users complain about this sort of thing so I gave it a shot.  Thanks to Netlogix for helping me with a prior report gave me the idea on doing a count function.

I uploaded the file over to the content exchange.

Grouped Active Alerts

• Re: Grouped Active Alerts
          ctopaloglu

I like it. What I don't like it we have to do it these basic things!

• Re: Grouped Active Alerts
              mdriskell

What I don't like it we have to do it these basic things!

I agree that sometimes we have to customize SolarWinds to do simple tasks but I will take the ability to customize a system to the nth degree over one that is locked in and you can't change anything or is so complex that customization is not worth the trouble any day of the week.

What I would like to figure out (if it's possible) is how to tag the report conditions with a special URL that takes you to the alert page and would filter it only to High Response time alerts for instance....I can link to the alert page but haven't figured out if it's possible to link to the appropriate alert categories.