This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Switch-port capacity reports.

Hello!

I am currently using NPM 10.1 (new) and have a question about grouping and reports.

I have looked athttp://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/Orion/docs/OrionAdministratorGuide.pdf and see that nodes can be grouped. Is it possible to group nodes by site and then a sub group I.E comms room?

I would like to do this so I could run a report on the total number of interfacesin a group or site and know how many interfaces have been down for 3 months or more for that group.

Currently my switches are not grouped and I have two reports showing all interfaces and another report specificity showing ports that have been shutdown \ down for 3 months. I then have to use excel to help collate the data.

The information is required for funding requests, proactive capacity management.