This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Suppression Not functioning

So I am unable to figure out why this logic doesn't work but I did create a work around.  I want to know if anyone can tell me why the original alert conditions woudlnt work.  I had two copies of Alert 1...one with the alert suppression condition set to yes and the other to no.  Neither of these worked, but when I added the logic to the trigger conditions they work fine.  Makes no sense to me.

Alert 1 is the copy that failed and Alert two is the workaround.

rk.

• When the Alert Supression Field is true, it will Suppress all Alerts from Triggering

Alert 1 will not work because as long as a single Device with the Custom Property of "ImportedFromBigBrother" was No, then this Alert will never trigger.

Alert 2 is correctly designed. The Node will have to be down and  "ImportedFromBigBrother" is yes and it will Alert.

Always use the Trigger\Reset Conditions Tabs to setup your Alerts.

Less than 2% of Customers' Alerts will use Alert Suppression. Alert Suppression was designed so if the Router of a Network was down, it would not Alert when the Devices were reporting as down.