This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Execute only between these times Alert/Action

Is there any way to use reverse logic on the time frames withing an alert/action.

Here is the scenario.  I have a set of devices that go under maintenance every night from 4AM to 4:20 AM.  I don't want alerts during this period (nor do I want to schedule unmanaging)

Is my only option to write two actions one that is valid from 12:00 AM to 3:59 AM and a second that is valid 4:20 AM to 11:59 AM?

I tried to execute only between 4:20 AM and 4:00 AM thinking maybe the system would let me use the reverse and alert manager crashed when I tried to configure it that way.

I also have scenarios where I want alerts to go out after 5 M-F and all day Sat/Sun but I seem to be in the same boat and need multiple alerts to accomplish this.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a more logical way to accomplish this?

If this isn't possible I would like to see this become a feature request.

• I am able to create an alert that will only be checked between 5 am and 4 am (23 hours) and an email alert that will only run between 7 am and 6 am (23 hours), and it works...

Maybe some specific combination in your setup.  Can you share a little more?

• THat's really weird...it's allowing me to save the changes now...I must have had something else going on earlier because every time I tried to save the alert it crashed...I deleted it and created a new one and it works

Well that fixes the problem I was having with that piece.  I still have to do multiple alerts however for the on call piece because I have two different scenarios there I need alerts to go out from 5PM - 7 AM M-F and 24 hours on Sat Sun but at least this covers the bigger issue I was having.

Thanks for posting I assumed it was a limitation and wasn't aware I was just getting an abnormal result.