This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot Log out of Orion

I was able to log in as myself (Admin person) and create an account/view etc..  and then log out and back in as my test account that was set up to reflect the new account status.. I can no longer do that.. I try to log out and it takes me back to my home page.. any ideas?

• Sounds like a browser issue. Can you test from another browser?

• Sounds like a browser issue. You might need to clear your browser cache, or restart your computer and launch your browser again.

• as far as browser:

1. Tried the web cache refresh.. NO GO.

2. This is the same browser we have been using .. (across the company.) it worked one day.. (we upgraded to the latest versions of software) and now I cannot logoff..

I do not want to tell the whole corporation to change the web browser from IE. to somethign else because I cant get ORION to log off an account and log on as another all of a sudden..

(we have been using AD authentication, so that hasn't changed.) the only change I am aware of is the Upgrade..

• I see - you are stuck in an AD loop. Can you open a ticket on this so we can investigate depper?

• I have seen this Loop occur due to Automatic Login that is configured in the Configuration Wizard. You can change this setting under Settings> Web Console Settings> Windows Account Login. Set this to Disable, and you should be able to logout.

• If i delete this wont the rest of the company have to log-in each time they want to use Orion.. and not be automatically logged in?

• Yes - it is global. You can use this method to do a quick test and then reset it. I know it's not optimal. I'll mark this for a PM to look at and comment.

• "Case Update: 271577 - Cannot log out"

Case has been generated and we will see if I get some answers.. I submitted the system diagnostics yesterday and am waiting to hear from them.

:)

• Thanks - If you can post the results back here that will be helpful.

• SOLUTION:

I had installed the Synthetic End User Monitor ( SEUM). on a seperate server than my primary and secondary poller.

In the instruction manual it say if you want to tie to your existing databse click yes..

But that caused alot of issues..

1. Could not log off to create a test accounts. (this thread)

2. I had snmp data gathering errors

3. The webpage was very very slow

4. I tried to add an interface to a node I hve and it said I had had passed my license limit (which is unlimited) So i knew we were having issues..

Solution:  I had to uninstall the SEUM (from the seperate box.)

Run Config wizard (thank God for this product) on both the primary / secondary servers fix the web page.. (lost my logo)

now we are good to go..

NOTE TO DOCUMENTORS: tell in the user manual that we were suppose to have a seperate Application box and a SQL box for the SEUM  -- this has caused alot of issues..  this is the 3rd issue I ran accross regarding the SEUM install.. suffice to say.. we wont be purchasing this any time soon..