This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface errors to change an interface status

I think this is more of a feature request unless someone can tell me if this is possible.

When I look at my nodes with problems list it is clear however I have about 3 T1s in the network (currently) all taking several thousand errors an hour due to carrier issues.  I am looking for way to have an alert put an interface into a warning status which then by default would cause the node to show a problem.  If an element of a node is experiencing issues I don't believe the node should be listed as problem free.

Any thoughts?

• I don't think we can have the state of the Node changed,but still must be able to get an alert if there is errors.I understand the point you are trying to make.The errors which have mentioned are going to be the data which is collected from a device,basically a device specific OID and not a generic OID?Am i right?