This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 10.1 and vSphere (ESX) 5 supported?

Just trying to confirm which of our support tools provide support for vShpere 5. Wondering if NPM and the virtualization monitoring feature supports vSphere 5 yet? We are looking at about a 3 week timeframe of needing actual support for the start of our planned upgrades.

• We have not gone through a full round of regression testing, however, with NPM we did perform some high level testing against the RC for vSphere 5 to make sure nothing broke and everything appeared to be working properly.  If you find anything let us know, but should be ok.

• At VMworld last week, I was told my a few SW product reps that yes, it should work, since v5 has monitoring API that are backwards compatible with v4.  Nothing you can see/do in v4 should be lost if you upgrade hosts to v5.

However, since v5 has some new tricks, these won't be available through NPM until a future NPM upgrade.

I can't confirm this yet, but I'll be upgrading my hosts shortly, so...  I have my fingers crossed.