3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 6:48 AM by jiri.tomek

SEUM Reports

rothabe

Ok - so I'm brand new to Solarwinds and doing a POC on SEUM.  Having a lot of fun playing with the recorder and showing apps. teams what kind of data we can give them.

I need to show off some reporting to sr. managment, and I don't have any SQL skills.  Of course, we have in-house people who can help with that, but it's not as if they have a lot of free time or an inclination to drop what they're doing to help with this.

What I'm looking for (and having troubles creating) is a high level report that shows when SLA's were violated.  We're still in proof of concept phase here, but I'm thinking Critical Alert = SLA violated.  I'd like to be able to give a quick view that shows failure per application per month.  (Per transaction per month would be just fine as well, as we can group transactions accordingly.)

I'm working in report writer trying to muck my way through this, but if anyone has any tips, tricks, or insights, well, that would be swell.

Thanks,

Blake

• Re: SEUM Reports
          jiri.tomek

Hello Blake,
          I don't fully understand what exactly you want to see so if you can provide some example it would help.

You can use "Advanced SQL" report for your needs. Here is SQL that will give you list of transactions that were Critical this month and for each transaction it gives you times and durations for these times.

SELECT t.Name, DATEADD(hh, DATEDIFF(hh, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()), rt.DateTimeUtc) DateTime, rt.AvgDuration
          FROM SEUM_Transactions t JOIN SEUM_ResponseTime rt
            ON rt.TransactionId = t.TransactionId
          WHERE rt.Status = 14 
            AND rt.DateTimeUtc >= DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETUTCDATE()), 0)
            AND rt.DateTimeUtc < DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE()) + 1, 0)

You can paste this to Advanced SQL report and set "Report Grouping" to "Name" so that report looks better.

rothabe

Hello Jiri,

That was actually pretty helpful - thank you.

So, now that I'm able to pull the report data I'm looking for, I'd like to be able to sometimes present this information in a chart.  I can't see a way to get the report manager to create a chart for me, and I don't see any way to export the report data other than as a PDF.

The goal here is to be able to have something easily presentable to senior management, with the assumption that they're not going to want to read through details but would like to be able to tell at a glance how things look.

Any suggestions on how to get the data from a report into a chart would be greatly appreciated.

(Also, I'm assuming this is an easy task that is spelled out in an admin guide or something similar, and I'm simply being dense and not finding it - so, apologies in advance.)

Thanks,

Blake

jiri.tomek

Hello Blake,
                  you can use "Orion Report Writer" to export reports to Excel and generate charts from there.

1. Open "Start -> Programs -> Solarwinds Orion -> Alerting, Reporting and Mapping -> Orion Report Writer"
                  2. In left panel select required report
                  3. Report designer dialog opens. Click on "Preview" button to generate report.
                  4. In top menu select "File -> Export -> Export To Excel Spreadsheet"

I hope this way helps you getting required charts for your managers.