This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow configurator minimum IOS

I'm trying to configure my Visco 6509 sw using the Netflow configurator but I'm getting the following error message: "The device you specified does not allow the configuring of Netflow support ... through snmp."

When I looked up the minimum specs, the documentation reported:

• The following Cisco IOS versions support the configuration of NetFlow using SNMP:
    • 12.4(10) or later
    • 12.4(10)T or later
    • 12.2S or later

When I check my 6509, I find:

IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF17a

Is 12.2(18)SXF17a included in the 12.2S or later category??

• Hello mxl8a,

I did a quick search and it appears that 12.2S or later is no longer a supported IOS version.

www.cisco.com/.../index.html

Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2S, which includes Release 12.2(14)S, Release 12.2(18)S, Release 12.2(20)S, Release 12.2(22)S, Release 12.2(25)S, and Release 12.2(30)S, has reached end of sale and end of software maintenance. For more information, please refer to the following document:

EOS/EOL Announcement for Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2S

From the Engineering Toolset Administration Guide:

Did you check to see if the OID below worked..

NetFlow Configurator uses SNMP to change the running config of the NetFlow-capable device. If your device cannot be updated using SNMP, it does not support the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.387.1.2.1.1, then NetFlow Configurator cannot update the NetFlow configuration of the device.

The following Cisco IOS versions support the configuration of NetFlow using SNMP:
    o 12.4(10) or later
    o 12.4(10)T or later
    o 12.2S or later

According to what I have found on Cisco's Website it appears that 12.2 SX is a different version of IOS with details below..

www.cisco.com/.../ol_4563.html

I would use either of these reference guides to configure your 6500 for Netflow.

www.cisco.com/.../netflow.html

www.solarwinds.com/.../OrionNetFlowSwitches.pdf

Derik