6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2011 7:59 AM by rbalas

NTA 3.8 Install Took us down

pyro13g

Totally broke the NTA web tab.  Can't look at any of my interface traffic.  thanks a lot.  I'm about done with ending up with broken stuff every time an update is installed.  I get the error not matter what I click on.

Re-running  config wizard as I write this.   It's done, crossing fingers as I hit the refresh button.  Nope still  f'in busted.  Restoring my server back to this morning.  Let me know when 3.8 installs without breaking itself.

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
      2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
      3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the issue.

Your specific error is:

The file '/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Resources/NetflowTopResources/TopIPAddressGroups.ascx' does not exist.

• Re: NTA 3.8 Install Took us down
          pyro13g

Case #267047

pyro13g

If you encounter something similar goto Admin  Manage Views  Open the view your getting the error in.   Delete the offending resource(s).

Thanks Matt!

ondrej.salplachta

Hello,
              we are sorry for this issue. We found bug when TOP XX IP Address Groups are on Interface Details and NTA is upgraded to 3.8. But we have two simple ways how to fix it:

1. Upgrade to 3.8 and then run following SQL script on your Orion DB:
              UPDATE Resources SET ResourceFile = '/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Resources/NetflowTopResources/TopIPGroups.ascx'
              WHERE ResourceFile = '/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/Resources/NetflowTopResources/TopIPAddressGroups.ascx'

2. Before you upgrade to 3.8, remove IP Address Groups Resource from Interface details and when 3.8 is installed, put it back onto the view.

Both options are safe and they fix this issue. You can choose the solution which is more suitable for you.

And we would like to make goto meeting with you and go thru the whole upgrade process to ensure everything works fine and help you with any possible issue there.
              Is it possible and suitable for you? If so, we can also present you new features in NTA 3.8 and answer your questions about NTA. Also we will be happy to get feedback about NTA product if you want.

Please let me know me if you would like to do the goto meeting with our development team.

Thanks,
              Ondrej Salplachta | Senior Developer, NTA

pyro13g

I'm good.  Removed it from my view.  Ran your query and returned zero rows affected so I shouldn't encounter it again. 

rbalas

hi

for us to

had to go via this process

REPLACE JOB ENGINE
                  1. Stop all Orion services from Orion Service Manager.
                  2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
                  3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
                  4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
                  5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.
                  REPLACE JOB TRACKER
                  2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker.sdf file and rename it to JobTracker_OLD.sdf
                  3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobTracker.sdf.
                  4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
                  5. Right click on properties of the JobTracker.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE POLLING COLLECTOR
                  2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController.sdf file and rename it to PollingController_OLD.sdf
                  3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController - Blank.sdf one and rename it to PollingController.sdf.
                  5. Right click on properties of the PollingController.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.
                  6. Restart all Orion Services

How to Repair Job Engine
                  - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
                  - On a 2008 system, this will be under C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers.
                  - Run the Jobengine.msi and select Repair.
                  How to Repair Job Engine V2
                  - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
                  - Run the Jobengine.v2.msi and select Repair.

How to Repair Information Service
                  - Run the InformationService.msi and select Repair.
                  How to Repair Collector Service
                  - Run the CollectorInstaller.msi and select Repair.