10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 8:57 AM by Manilyn Ramos

Appflow Support

bzeitner

The free Appflow tool is great, but... when will this functionality be included in NTA?

• Re: Appflow Support
          mavturner

bzeitner, we are gauging interest in this currently. Would you mind if we chatted about this on the phone so I can better understand exactly what you would like to see and how you would use the data?

Mav

azmangler

This is a very important features for any enterprise that employees multiple DC's.

Many of us use load-balancers with GSLB to direct traffic to one location or another.  Once the application request is proxied by the LB we loose visibility because it replaces the source with its own IP so traffic returns properly.  This also prevents asynchronous flows if you have multiple DC's and multiple Egress points.  The AppFlow data lets us see how each application VIP is performing and fills in the missing client side to VIP info.

Jim

NetEng33

I guess I am missing something here, but I will ask no matter how dumb it sounds.  What is the "Free Appflow Tool" that this conversation is about?  We have NTA but I am not sure what the appflow tool is.

NetEng33

weston

So is it safe to assume there is still no AppFlow support for NTA? AppFlow is currently used by Citrix NetScalers. Adding support for AppFlow would enable all of us with NetScalers to use NTA.

azmangler

Correct, there doesn't seem to be any support for Citrix AppFlow in Orion but your SolarWinds Real-Time AppFlow Analyzer free tool supports it.  Getting this level of visibility on our NetScaler load-balancers into Orion would be a huge win for us and many others.

weston

I haven't been able to get the Real-Time AppFlow analyzer tool to actually work with the NetScalers... has anyone? Works with other flow types just fine.  It shows the traffic load on the interfaces but when selecting an interface it errors "NetFlow is not detected on the selected interface"

Jameshailstone

+1. You guys need to integrate Netscaler appflow/netflow/ipfix (whatever!) into NTA. As time goes on and networks become more virtualised (SDN), we see Netscaler as playing a key role.

Having visibility of the virtual networks on our platform would enhance Solarwinds reputation with us no end!

Thanks,

James

jeremydr

Hi Guys,

any update on this there seems too be noooo movement on this

mavturner