This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Does anyone know the SQL property for a Display Group?

I have a couple of display groups defined and want to do a report query where the records exist only in one display group.  Does anyone know the SQL property for the IPAM Display Group?

• not clear on what you mean - display group?

You could always do a custom property, but that would be manual...

how did you define the other display groups.  give example of properties or columns used to define and I might be able to help :)

• I don't know.  On the IPAM main screen, I have defined a few display groups of ip addresses.  I know I can determine the SQL properties of an indivisual subnet (Subnet.Address, Subnet.Location, etc.).

I just don't know if there is a SQL property for the groups.

I would like to do a query along the lines of

Subnet.Group like "NetA" AND Subnet.PercentUtilized > 50

• ah, I gotcha..so you've grouped IP Subnets on right into a "folder/group" on the left pane correct?  so there are several different options here...

in the IPAM_Group table, you have columns (groupid, parentid, grouptype, friendlyname) plus others.

grouptype = 2 should identify as a group.  you could also validate by using (friendlyname) which is the name of the group.

in that same table, you have a column (percentused).

so your query would look something like this if you just wanted a report of all groups with > 50% usage:

SELECT friendlyname, comments, usedcount, availablecount, percentused
    FROM IPAM_Group
    WHERE grouptype=2 and percentused>=50

• note if you are using supernet "groups" that is grouptype=4