4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2011 7:37 AM by jeff.stewart

Orion NPM installation : Database configuration failure !

zxyahsoge003

Hi all,

Since too many days I have been trying to install the free trial version of Orion NPM (10.0) and I am facing a problem at the end of the configuration wizard related to database configuration.

Here is the message:

"Database Configuration failed:

- Failure importing old maps

- Failure importing sample map"

As proposed in the wizzard, I tried to execute the steps located in the Solarwinds Knowledge base (http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/1631/The+Configuration+Wizard+says+that+database+configuration+has+failed+while+importing+old+and+sample+maps.) but I still get again and again the same error message! 

Note that I have a 'sa' account correctly configured. I also tryed different installations of Orion NPM (with the integrated SQL server 2005 Express database as well as with a pre-installed SQL Server 2008 database) but nothing solves the problem.

I am becoming mad. Any advise would be of great help.

Thank you.

• Re: Orion NPM installation : Database configuration failure !
          zxyahsoge003

From log files, I have the following messages, maybe it can help to answer:

-NPM.BusinessLayer.log:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/solarwinds/jobengine/scheduler that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.IO.PipeException: The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/solarwinds/jobengine/scheduler' could not be found on your local machine. 

- Core.BusinessLayer.log:

2011-08-18 10:14:15,767 [Scheduler] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.BusinessLayer.CoreHelper - CheckMaintenanceRenewals: Error connecting to MaintUpdateNotifySvcClient - Could not connect to http://updates.solarwinds.com/maintupdatenotify/MaintUpdate.svc. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 216.205.85.174:80. 

2011-08-18 10:14:36,582 [Scheduler] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.BusinessLayer.WebRequestHelper - Caught exception while trying to make http-request: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.115.12.18:80

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

- Moreover, I have noticed in the SQL Server Configuration Manager that the "SQL Server Agent" is stopped (and I can not force start). 

• Re: Orion NPM installation : Database configuration failure !
            Nandish

Looks like you have been through the right knowledge base,so please open a support ticket to look in further.