3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 4:15 PM by Steve Welsh

device backup

vcrl82

Hi,

I've been using KIWI Cat Tool for backing up my devices , But it is unable to backup routers which have the following commands.

privilege level 7 exec term mon

As soon as i remove this command from the router , The backup gets completed successfully, Is there any reason for this or any way to bypass it??

• Re: device backup
          Steve Welsh

Without seeing the device logs from CatTools; I'd take a guess that you may not have configured your device to enter Privileged Exec (Enable) mode with the level 7 credentials and as such the 'term mon' command (which CatTools disables in the Cisco.Router.General device type script for most activities) cannot be executed.

See the following page: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/cattools/pan_devicesaddpasswords.htm

You will need to set the 'Enable password' field with the password you use for level 7 authentication.  You also need to set the Privilege level.

Steve

vcrl82

Hi,

But i have no user with a privelege level of 7 , But the command present in that router as above seems to disturb the backup process .

Steve Welsh

Try just setting the enable password then and remove the privileged level field value.

If you still get issues, we'd need to see the debuglog for the device and also the device settings you have added.  I'd therefore recommend raising a support ticket to provide this information rather than posting 'sensitive' log data to a public forum.

Thanks,

Steve