6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 9:14 PM by HolyGuacamole

How to Set Up Multi-Column Table With Custom Device Poller

jwhitten

sing the Universal Device Poller isn't very difficult, but it did  take me a bit to figure out how to create a multi-column table. The  information is available in the tutorial video but I thought it might  help someone out if I posted a quick overview of the process. This post  assumes you already know how to make a table-oriented poller in the  Universal Device Poller. If so, you're almost there. The part I got hung  up was how to go from a table with one value column to a table with  multiple columns. So hopefully this might help someone get there  quicker! :-)

The video tutorial is here:

http://www.solarwinds.com/resources/democenter/Orion/UniversalDevicePollerIntro/

Step 1: Create a set of custom device pollers and assign them  to an (arbitrarily-named) group and then go through the process to  assign them to one or more nodes. We'll assume you've set them up to  display as a table on the "Node Details" web page.

Step 2. Once you have assigned them to a node, go to the "Node  Details" web page and select one of the Universal Device Poller tables,  there will probably be more than one, and click the EDIT button. BTW,  as an aside, later when you're finished editing the table, you can use  the "Configure Page" process to remove the remaining unneeded Universal  Device Poller tables which get automatically added. But for now, pick on  of them and hit "EDIT". Then select all of them except for the one that  you're going to be using for your row labels.

Step 3. Then at the bottom of the page, in the drop-down box, select the one that you didn't check from up above, to use for your row labels.

Step 4.  Now when you go look at the "Node Details" page you  should find a nice multi-column table containing your data. In the  example I made, I collected information about the system's process  table: