This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ip sla - operation "Automatically discover existing operations not working"

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi forum,

i am trying to find IPSLA operations that have been manually configured by the network team.  i have 4 cisco 1760 routers all configured with the same code.  i have added the nodes to IPSLA within the module, but when i try to scan for current operations, none get listed.

To test the code, i have added the same node to Fluke Response watch, and scanned for oeprations.  it can see them fine, so there is a problem with IPSLA... 

the node is an additional polling engine runnign on windows 2008 server.  i have 5 nodes recording IPSLA data on thsi same poller, but i can not seem to find any more

help...  bug or user error...

cheers

dan

• Dan,

It sounds like you have NPM + an additional poller.  Is that correct?  If so have you installed IPSLA on both the main and additional poller?  Also, what operation(s) are running on the routers?

Jeff

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to jeff.stewart

hi there

it is an additional poller (i have 6 of them)

Initially i did not have the ipsla module installed onto the poller, but i soon realised that when discovering operations, it used to crash.

However, now i have around 450 nodes added to this poller, and i have IPSLA probes deployed to 7 of them

I have added all 7 of these to IPSLA

5 of the nodes have discovered the probes, and aree happil;y collecting DATA

2 of the nodes, same model, do not discover the probes, even though Fluke ResponseWatch does discover them

cheers

dan