This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report of Unresolved Triggered (Active?) Alerts in Date Triggered Order

I'm trying to get a report that will produce those records shown from the Alerts Menu Option, ie. outstanding or active alerts, with additional data and have them sorted in time triggered order. It looks like there may be some inconsistency about the SolarWinds meaning of the term "triggered" (alerts) between the Message Center and the Report Writer.

If possible I'd also like to be able to display those alerts that are older than "x" days, where "x" is changeable, as the report is to remind the support groups about older alerts. I may end up wanting to automatically run and email this report out on a regular basis but this aspect of the report functionality is not that pretty and I've avoided using it so far.

I'd like to be able to display the following :

1. Time of Alert
  2. Alert name
  3. Network Object (Alerts) or Caption (Message center) - (I'd like a hyperlink on this as per Alerts Menu output that goes to relevant node/volume/APMcomponent etc). A mouse over display would also be good but not essential (it would be nice to have some control over what appears in this mouse over display - future enhancement?)
  4. Node (with hyperlink)
  5. Node/Volume related Custom Property values if possible

My SQL skills are not great so I'd appreciate any help that can be provided. I've tried using the Active Alerts standard report but it doesn't appear to have the correct data available. I've tried a number of things hear but my Inner Join attempts are not providing any Inner Peace. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Are there any known reports that can show triggered alerts for say the last month and how long they were "active" for?

• I've had a pretty good look around and couldn't find anything that did what I'm looking for. There is one post in your referenced list that deals with Active Alerts but it is pretty old and has a post stating that it throws errors in later versions. From the age of the post and the error I think it is a reasonable assumption that the DB has changed. I suppose I'm trying to get a very similar result to the standard "Alerts" Menu Option (with some additional Custom Property fields to make it more meaningful locally) but the code for that query is not available to me.

I've written a simple SQL query (below) that gives me the easy part of the result, but without the additional data that enables hyperlinking and access to the custom properties (as I said my SQL skills are poor to non-existent), and it includes some extra rows that don't appear in the Alerts Menu Option result.

SELECT
    AlertStatus.TriggerTimeStamp AS EventStart,
    AlertStatus.ActiveObject AS ActiveObject,
    AlertStatus.ObjectName AS ObjectName

FROM
    AlertStatus

ORDER BY EventStart DESC

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• I'd like to be able to display the following :

1. Time of Alert
    2. Alert name
    3. Network Object (Alerts) or Caption (Message center) - (I'd like a hyperlink on this as per Alerts Menu output that goes to relevant node/volume/APMcomponent etc). A mouse over display would also be good but not essential (it would be nice to have some control over what appears in this mouse over display - future enhancement?)
    4. Node (with hyperlink)
    5. Node/Volume related Custom Property values if possible

One report can be created to display the first three items. However, with your additional request to provide hyperlinks as well items 4 and 5, I believe five separate reports would be needed to fulfill this request. Each report would cover the following: nodes, volumes, interfaces, APM applications, APM components. Additional reports would be required for other types of alerts such as groups and virtual machines.

If you're willing, I can walk you through updating the following reports you referenced so that it executes properly.

Active Alerts for Advanced Alerts - replace "All triggered alerts" on summary

Are there any known reports that can show triggered alerts for say the last month and how long they were "active" for?

I believe this is possible but again, will require a different report. Let me know if you're willing to work on the aforementioned reports first.