0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 6:21 PM by kenosmith3

Need a Report to Count a number of Video Conference calls, by monitoring Interface Bandwidth

kenosmith3

Hello all,

I need to create a report that estimates the number of Video Conference call for given amount of time. The Tandberg MIBs are half-ass at best. The Mibs can only show last twenty Video calls with out time/dates since the last reboot.

I was thinking that I can modify an already existing report to do this by monitoring the VC interface. As it doesn't generate any real noticable traffic when it isn't being used but I've running a snag. It does count the number of interface polls but it VC calls takes an hour, the count would be 6. So I'm looking for way to count the number a times the interface stays above 20% then returns back normal speeds > 5%.

Here's what I have so far:

SELECT
      Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
      Interfaces.Caption AS Interface_Caption,
      Count(Interfaces.NodeID)  AS Times

FROM
      (Nodes INNER JOIN Interfaces ON (Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID))  INNER JOIN InterfaceTraffic ON (Interfaces.InterfaceID = InterfaceTraffic.InterfaceID AND InterfaceTraffic.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID)

WHERE
      Interfaces.VC_System = 1 AND
      (DateTime BETWEEN DATEADD(day, -7, getdate() ) and getdate() )
       AND 
      (
        (Case InBandwidth
          When 0 Then 0
          Else (In_Averagebps/InBandwidth) * 100
      End > 20) OR
        (Case OutBandwidth
          When 0 Then 0
          Else (Out_Averagebps/OutBandwidth) * 100
      End > 20)
      )

Group By Nodes.Caption, Interfaces.Caption

Order By Times desc

Here's a sample of the interface traffic:

Thanks in Advance for any help with this or any other ideas to accomplish this..

Ken