This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Syslog will stop running after starting services.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Currently I can not get Solarwinds Syslog to run for more then 1 min then it stops.
Error SyslogService 1019
(Port 514 on IP Address 0.0.0.0 is already open.  Change the 'LocalIPAddress' parameter in the configuration file to another IP address or port)

I recently upgraded from NPMv10.1.1 to NPMv10.1.2, from IPAM 1.7 to IPAMv2.0 and NCMv6.0 to NCMv6.1. I did not see any problems with the NPM and IPAM upgrades but when I installed NCM I could not get Solarwinds Syslog Service to start. I am going to fall back on a snapshot that was taken before the upgrade, but would like to know if anyone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.  I am new to the Solarwinds Family, but Solarwinds has been in place for more then 8 months..

• Solution that worked for me

Navigate to to C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\SyslogService and open the file SyslogService.exe.config.

Find a value called  <add key="LocalIPAddress" value="ANY" />
    and change the ANY value to the IP address of his Orion server.

Or just do a simple search for "SyslogService.exe.config."  edit via notepad, save then start syslog.

Worked for me :)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to kevinbarker

Thanks for the information, I will be try changing the config in the next week or so.

I will let you know how it works for me..

Thanks agian