This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature request: Image validation

Similar to checking for keywords on the page, if SEUM had the ability to verify that all images loaded correctly on a specific page, that would be very helpful.

• Duly noted. We'll definitely consider this for a future release of SEUM. I'd still love to hear from others who might also be interested in this feature. Feel free to chime in!

• This should be fairly easy to do from a programming standpoint.  Download the image, calculate a checksum.  Subsequent fetches are compared against that checksum.  I've done that many times before using wget and md5sum, obviously on Linux boxes. 

In practice you could implement something similar using a smoke page and leveraging the existing player.  Ultimately it would be best to have the SEUM Player integrate that functionality but it would be one alternative that could be implemented immediately.

You can consider this my vote to add image validation as a feature request.  This is something I'm sure our customers would like to have.

• Solarwinds added the ability to "match image" in the latest release of SEUM.  Thanks guys!