11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 7:07 PM by wanine39

Bugs so far with NPM 10.2 Beta 2

irobbo

1. Manage nodes display - Showing the warning message about interfaces even know all are up.

2. List Resources Page - Missing interface port descriptions/label  

3. Current Percent Utilization of each interface - NOT showing the utilization, also on other pages that display the utilization.

Found these in the first 10 mins after the install. Will report any more I find.

Ian Robson

Network Manager

NHS

• Re: Bugs so far with NPM 10.2 Beta 2
          Deltona

Is it just me or is the - Interface Type to Import - field completely blank?
          Connect now ~ found 0 links :(

Karlo.Zatylny

Deltona,

For your Topology and ConnectionNow:

Are you seeing any data in your TopologyData table after ~30 minutes of polling?  SELECT * FROM TopologyData

Are you seeing any data in your NodeL2Connections table?  SELECT * FROM NodeL2Connections

Are you seeing any Topology pollers in your Pollers table?  SELECT * FROM Pollers WHERE PollerType LIKE '%Topo%'

If there's not any data in the first two then you may need to wait a little for the topology pollers to execute (they run on the rediscovery interval of your node).  If you have no topology pollers, run list resources on your nodes that you think should be giving you topology (Bridge MIB) and check the Topology pollers boxes.

Thanks

Halef

1. Manage nodes display - Showing the warning message about interfaces even know all are up.

Known limitation in the beta, will be fixed.

2. List Resources Page - Missing interface port descriptions/label  

I will enter this to our tracking system.  Could you please confirm the port name is displayed correctly on the Interface details page?

3. Current Percent Utilization of each interface - NOT showing the utilization, also on other pages that display the utilization.

Fixed in current code.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, please do report any other issues you may find.

extrands

Sonar Discovery not working for me.  Small (for my network) discovery started at 2:00 AM, still not finished.  Progress and phase progress bars show no progress, and the node and subnet discovered counters both show 0. Discovery also refused to cancel, had to shut down and restart services.

Edited discovery to make it still smaller- 1024 addresses.  Running now, but still not showing nodes or subnets discovered.

Steve Extrand

Sr Network Analyst

(1) Orion v10 SLX polling engine & Additional Web Server 35500 elements

(4) Orion v10 SLX polling engine

(3) NTA v3.7 995 interfaces

(3) IPSLA SLAX

VáclavSáblík

Hello Steve,

I would like to analyse your issue, could you please collect diagnostics and upload through Leapfile? If yes, please notify me when it's done please.

How to upload files is described Using Leapfile to submit diagnostics. (just in case)

Thanks,

extrands

Hi Václav,

For security reasons, we do not use Leapfile.  I do have a secure FTP site we can use.  I will need your direct E-mail address to set up the transfer.

-steve

DaveStraley

I tried installing the Orion 10.2 beta on our test system which was running:
                            NPM 10.1.3
                            APM 4.2 RC
                            NTA 3.8 RC

The most of the install went smoothly however at the end I got this error:

Website configuration failed:
                                    • Input string was not in a correct format.

When loading the webpage after I get APM and NTA errors such as:

Unexpected Website Error
                            The settings property 'TrafficAnalysis.NetFlowSummaryViewID' was not found.

I am going to try a fresh install of NPM 10.2 and then see if APM 4.2 and NTA 3.8 can be installed successfully on top.

I have the capture file for the error received if someone would like to see it, but the output it too long to put on here.

Halef

I tried installing the Orion 10.2 beta on our test system which was running:
                                NPM 10.1.3
                                APM 4.2 RC
                                NTA 3.8 RC

Upgrades are not a supported scenario for the beta, so there might be some issues. Please try the fresh install. Installing other modules on top is not supported in beta either, but if you try that, let us know of any issues please.

VáclavSáblík

Hello Steve,
                                    We did improvements in NPM beta 3 that should address your discovery issue. Could you please try to install latest beta and clarify issue is fixed or not?

So, basically the problem was the discovery result was too big and memory consumption for various operations was exceeding certain system limits. Size of results depends on the size of discovery itself. 

I believe the issue for range you tried last is fixed but it would be nice to know where is the exact limit. If you would have a chance to try maximal range posible that would be also great.

Thanks,

wanine39

thank you for the post

good shots and trouble shooting