This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP trap thresholds

Hi - is there a way of delaying an alert or setting an alert threshold when an SNMP trap is received from each device in turn?

The alert threshold and delayed actions on the SNMP trap rule seems to apply to the whole network rather than each individual device.

For example what I want to do is to sent out an email when I receive a multicast failure trap from a router, but then delay further processing/alerting for 36 hours for this router only. If I create a trap rule with delayed actions & thresholds, then a trap received from router 1.1.1.1 causes the traps to be ignored from router 2.2.2.2

Thanks

P.S. is the SNMP trap alerting ever going to be combined into a single alerting engine? All seems to have gone quiet on this in recent releases...