This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Virus Protection Status via SNMP

Can anyone advise how to pull information regarding the currency of virus protection (McAfee 8.5i) into NPM? I'd like to incorporate information regarding the number of viruses found, the service status and the last signature update date into the status of our windows workstations/servers as shown in NPM.

• You probably want to be having a look at the TVD-MIB:

http://www.oidview.com/mibs/3401/TVD-MIB.html

Just tried it on my servers, but not getting many answers back, however. You may need to have a chat with McAfee support to see how to get answers from this.

Edit: Looking a bit more closely, I think this is because the OID in question is a Trap, so you'd only get the answers out when a virus is caught. Not sure there is a way to find the DAT version as a standard OID.

• Some of the information (e.g. DAT date) is held in the windows registry. Is there an easy way to access specific registry keys via SNMP?

• Given the numerical and heirarchical structure of SNMP and the complexity of the Windows registry tree, I very much doubt there is a way to get registry keys via SNMP. The tree structure would just be too complex; especially when you consider the software that might or might not be installed on a Windows box.