This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Invalid dateformat: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "11.07.13 20:03" - CA Arcserve

I'm trying to evaluate Solarwinds Storage manager.

Parser is unable to parse CA Arcserver v12.5 log files -  says mod.sys.backup.util.TTDateFormatError: Invalid dateformat: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "11.07.13 20:03" :(

The default locale there in  Latvia is LV-LV (426), short date format - "yyyy.MM.dd."

I changed those regional settings for account that is running agent service, but parser still founds somewhere  "latvian" style short date format and is unable to parse any logfile. I tried to change regional settings also for default user and system account - does not help.
In resource configuration date format is set to MM/dd/yy.

does anybody know - where those java apps gets date/time format an how to change them?

thanks

• When you click on the wrench icon for the CA Arcserver resource, have you tried setting the 'Date Format' to the one ysed in Latvia (i.e. 'yyyy.MM.dd')?

• Unfortunately they have hardcoded 3 possible date formats :(

That value can be set to MM/dd/yy or dd/MM/yy or yy/MM/dd -  storage manager do not accept any other format :(

Offline - BKUP_CONFIG_ERROR : Date format should be one of either 'MM/dd/yy' or 'dd/MM/yy' or 'yy/MM/dd'. Invalid ArcServe date format. Value : dd.MM.yy