2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 6:13 PM by JLager

Endpoint variable for alerting?

JLager

I'm really new to NPM and trying to set up an alert for when receive % utilization gets too high on our Internet feed. I've got this working reliably and it's emailing me an alert as expected.

However, I want to include somethin like the top endpoint IP/name that's causing all the traffic in the alert email (and ultimately run a program and pass this IP to it as well.) Can this be done somehow? I didn't see a variable I could use for this.

• Re: Endpoint variable for alerting?
          mavturner

Do you own NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA)? If not, NPM doesn't have enough information about what is using the bandwidth to know this. If you do have NTA, the Top Talker with High Utilization alert is built in.

• Re: Endpoint variable for alerting?
              JLager

I see what you mean which I'm guessing is the 'High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers' built in alert. I can't get this to work however. It's set by default to email a web page and when I go to test it, I get the email but the web page is a login page with a "Login Failure":

I have tried to set the 'Web Server Authentication' in the alert but it still gives a login failure.

Any ideas?