This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating new objects with copy creates duplicates

Hi,

Back in the "old days" when I wanted to create a new object using the same icon, etc. as another one, I could just copy and past the object into a map, then change the assignment to the object I wanted. If I do this now in 10.1 the old object still exists in the map along with the assigned object.

For example if I copy routerA and paste it into a map, then go in and cancel the assignment, it shows Unassigned. However, if I look at the Map in Orion I see the RouterA asset under the map. There is no where I can find that there is a link to this object in Atlas.

Even if I assign RouterB to the object, it still shows RouterA and RouterB on the map (and will show updown on both).

Other than creating a new object(s) everytime, how can I duplicate the objects I want for a new map so the sizing and appearance stays the same?

I did not like the old way either, but it was a lot better than the above behavior.

Thanks,

Bob James