3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 4:13 PM by Daniel.Chambers

IPAM DHCP Scope credientials

karltbraun

Recently changed my domain password.  I updated the credentials, tested logging in to the target DHCP server (a Windows 2008 R2 server and domain controller) with the login and password, but the credentials fail the test.  Any hints?

• Re: IPAM DHCP Scope credientials
          mavturner

Did you update the credentials by clicking Edit then changing the existing password or did you just try to add the DHCP server again using the new credentials? The first method should get you what you need.

karltbraun

Yes, and not to be snippy, but when I said "I updated my credentials", that's what I meant.  I even created a new credential with the correct password and that didn't work either.

Daniel.Chambers

Did you have to create a local account on the IPAM box to be able to poll the DHCP server? I know in my environment we have to add a local account with the same password, as it runs a process locally before remotely connecting to the DHCP server. 

If this is the case then you would need to change the password to the same on this local box. 

Also, might be worth trying to restart the services, to see if there is something stored in the process and not from the DB (although this should not be the case!)