This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ingress data not accurate but Egress data accurate, how to fix?

Hi, please refer to the screenshots below for more information.

The ingress value is at peak 50kbps but according to NPM, it should be 180Mbps.

The Egress value is correct, with a peak of 1Gbps which is 100% utilization according to NPM. 

I had enabled NDE on MLS. However when I tried to insert the configuration "ip flow ingress layer2-switched vlan xx,xx", it was not valid. Any workarounds?

The device is a Cisco WS-C6509 running on IOS version 12.2(18)SXD7b.

Thank you!

• vccy118,

Are you sure you have flow ingress enabled for all interfaces? If so and you are still seeing this, you may need to open a support case.

Also, make sure you are using v9 because that tends to be more reliable in general. There could be a bug in the IOS as well, but that is just a guess and not based on any actual Cisco bug IDs.

Mav

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Are you using a supported PFC?

When configuring NetFlow, follow these guidelines and restrictions:

The CEF table (and not the NetFlow table) implements Layer 3 switching in hardware.

In PFC3B or PFC3BXL mode with Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, NetFlow supports bridged IP traffic. PFC3A mode does not support NetFlow bridged IP traffic.

In Release 12.2(18)SXF and later releases, NetFlow supports multicast IP traffic.

No statistics are available for flows that are switched when the NetFlow table is full.

• HI pyro--

I deleted your second post b/c it was a duplicate. Did you have difficulty posting and thought you had to do it twice? I'm asking so we can track this.

M

• What do you mean by flow ingress enabled for all interfaces? Is there a configuration I could try?

I enabled CEF as well but no change.

EDIT: I solved the problem. I changed #mls flow ip full to #mls flow ip interface-full and now it is getting accurate results.