7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 5:44 AM by ozan

instant logged in windows users

ozan

Hi,

My name is Ozan from TeknoA Technology
      i have a question for NPM.
      How can we keep track the instant logged in windows users on console table ?

Thank you

Regards

• Re: instant logged in windows users
          bshopp

I believe you are referring to some sort of audit trail, is that correct?  If yes, this is not something we support today, but have on our list to add in a future release.

ozan

Dear Support,

No, we are not referring to Audit Trail.

We like to monitor the logged user names running specific windows applications by using windows product MIB and specific OID.

Our customer will be able to see the user names running specific programs on-line.

Can you please advise how we can do it ?

Thank you,

bshopp

Gotcha, have you looked at our Universal Device Poller utility?  If the data you want is exposed via SNMP this tool allows you to create custom pollers to pull that data and display it in our dashboard, reports, alerts etc.

ozan

We are trying to find out who logged in  Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server on-line.

I think we need an OID for Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Am I correct ?

If yes, how can we locate and  find this OID ?

If not, how can we display the user names connected to server on-line ?

Thank you,

Regards,

bshopp

I do not know personally, maybe other in the community can chime in here if they have done something similar.

qle

This information is usually tracked by the Windows security event log as long as you have enabled that level of auditing on the server. I have two suggestions, based on your needs.

1) If you're looking to be alerted when a specific user logs in, this is possible with NPM. Install the Windows Event Forwarder from your customer portal onto the relevant servers. Event logs will be forwarded to your Orion server as syslog messages. Finally, create the appropriate alert in the Syslog Viewer.

2) If you're looking to consolidate or archive or correlate activity with security event logs, you'll want to look into any of the numerous SIEM (security information and event management) software available such as Splunk, GFI EventsManager and AlienVault OSSIM.

Hopefully,  I answered the question you were asking.