3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2011 10:53 AM by jonathan.reeve

Reporting in Virtualization Manager

chrissmail

Hi,

We like the product but there are a few things that could be made easier.

When we click on one of the alerts such as "inactive VMs - disk" there doesn't appear to be an easy way to export this list as is into Excel. Can anyone tell of an easy way to do this from the alert view?

Thanks,

Chris

• Re: Reporting in Virtualization Manager

One of the easiest ways is to add the VMs (objects) of interest to a list.  i.e. select the Inactive VMs in the alert (ctrl, shift select should also work) and add them to a list with the "add to list" button.

Then if you go to your list tab, you should be able to select all of these VMs in your list and hit the "export" button to dump these out to excel.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Jon

chrissmail

Hi Jon,

I don't seem to be able to dump out to excel using this method without adding the attributes of the search query. Also i'll lose the detail of the alert such as the details of the "oldest VMDK" column of the alert screen. Is there a way to export this too?

It would be much easier to be able to export the alert list directly into excel.

Chris

We provide a number of "templates" (groups of properties) out of the box so that you don't have to select each property individually.  (you can also save properties of interest as a template so that you can reuse them and don't have to enter them every time)

The "VM Inactivity Report Template" might be a good one to try based on your alert.

Best Regards

Jon