This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting very few Egress data on Cisco device

Hi, my client's Cisco 7606-S device is showing very few Egress data running on Netflow v5.

Would using Netflow V9 show more accurate Egress data? Is it advisable to use V9 as compared to V5?

Thank you.

• You shouldn't notice any real difference from v5 to v9. More than likely, it is a configuration issue on the switch itself. Have you confirmed that the configurations are consistent?

• Hi, can you elaborate on what you meant by "consistent"?

This is the configuration I used:

Telnet into user exec mode on the device
    1. #enable
    2. Password: ******
    3. #copy running-config startup-config
    4. #configure terminal
    5. #ip flow-export destination <ip address> <udp port>
    6. # ip flow-export version 5
    7. # ip flow-export source <loopback IP>
    8. #interface <interface name and number>
    9. >#ip flow <ingress/egress>
    10. >#exit
    **repeat steps 8 to 10 for all interfaces which netflow need to be enabled**

11. #copy running-config startup-config
    12. #exit

• That config is for a normal router.  A 7600 is more like a switch than a router and thus uses distributed processing.  So I think you will need to setup NDE.  Search for the netflow config on this site for a 6500.  I think that will work for you since 7600's and 6500's are closely related.

• Hi,

Just to be sure, is the NDE you referring to is regarding the MLS configuration?

mls flow ip interface-full 
    mls nde sender version 5

We will try it and see if it fits our problem, thanks!